Thursday, February 26, 2009

What was I thinking?

I wander through my house in a daze, wondering what was happened to my house? There are piles of laundry that didn't quite get washed, blanket remnants of forts that didn't get put away, thread and pins left out from Emma's sunday bag sewing project, dishes on the counter that needed to be washed two days ago, cracker crumbs from after-school snacks turned to ammunition for brother fights. AAGH!! How can things get this bad?
I pause, and look at my dining room floor, and realize I do it to myself. Instead of staying on top of my house and my children, I lose myself in crazy projects. This week, it was the Activity Day girls Articles of Faith Frenzy.


We are trying to memorize the Articles of Faith, so each time a girl can say one to me, (I am currently without a partner), she will receive a tag with a reminder word on it. So-let's do the math, 11 girls X 13 A of F, + a couple extra for me to practice on = 145 tags. Painting, then stamping, then cutting ribbon, trying to keep my own children away from this project! WOW! I can't wait until 5:00 p.m. when I can close the door on this. (But then I guess I will just have to pull out the vacuum...someday I will rest, someday!)

2 comments:

Penny said...

Not to mention having to go to the granite store like 5 million times...sure that didn't add to the pandemonium! I am also the Activity Days leader here (although here Activity Days is boys and girls since we don't have scouts through church). Cute idea on the Articles of Faith! We are learning them too, and at the end of the year we are going to have an AofF ice cream party where they get a piece of a Sundae for each AofF they say.

Unknown said...

Are you crazy??! I am hoping you purchased a CRICUT to help with all that fun. The things we get ourselves into.

What a great idea. I may have to try it with Alec.

Hope all is well.