Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First French Braid

Finally! My little princess who hates to have her hair washed, much less combed, finally let me french braid her hair. After forcing her hair wash, I wasn't sure if this would go over tonight. But, many thanks to her friend and fellow Sunbeam at church, Kamae. Kamae had her hair in braids a couple of weeks ago and I happened to mention something about it in front of Emma. (Please note that Kamae has long blonde hair.) So, tonight when preparing for the combing-out-wet-hair-battle-complete-with-tears-on-both-our-parts, I asked if she wanted me to braid her hair, Emma asked, "Just like Kamae?" That was all it took. She sat so still and was so proud for me to take her picture when she was finished.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute are those french braids. Such a big girl. I miss doing french braids to my girls. Tell her she is beautiful!

Randi Ritchie said...

Kamae says..."I like her. EVEN i like her braids and her jammies!" Thanks Emma for sharing these cute pics with Kamae!